The PR Hive is a boutique public relations agency specializing in helping organizations build relationships with those who matter most. We are located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and have been operating since 2012. We are looking to add talent to our small but mighty team.
Our model is built around an experienced core team coupled with strong partnerships in other areas of research and creative services. Our partners flow into projects as their service specialties are required.
We guarantee a working environment built on respect, dedication, honesty, and integrity. We love working with people who want to raise the bar, challenge the status quo, and build positive relationships with stakeholders. We don’t expect you to know everything – but if you have the curiosity and desire to learn even half of everything, we want to meet you. We thrive on challenging work, innovative thinking and helping our clients succeed. We are looking for someone who shares this philosophy.
Is this you?
You are a professional, known for having insight and delivering results. You can manage multiple priorities without dropping any spinning plates. You love to work as part of a team but can also get stuff done on your own. This position is both strategic and tactical. We need a person who can think big and broad but can also create, implement and measure the work too. It’s fair to say this workplace is ever-changing so we need a co-worker that can roll with whatever comes their way with a can-do attitude.
Our organizational values are Community, Collaboration, Trust, Optimism and Exceptional Work. They aren’t just words that live on our wall or on a poster. They guide our work, how we show up for one another and for our clients.
The Communications Specialist will help manage and deliver on all aspects of the public relations and communications functions for The PR Hive and its clients.
- Superb writing skills
- Experience with enhancing internal/external communications
- Ability and experience in building stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work with government, public, media, community organizations, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written form
- Experience implementing effective PR, communications and social media strategies to engage withclients and stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize workflow and complete time-sensitive tasks
- Experience in organizing media announcements or events
- Excellent research, organizational, analytical and editing skills
- Ability to work in a cross-collaborative team environment and maintain good working relationships
- Interest in business development
- Experience and knowledge in fundraising communications would be an asset
- Fluency in French would be an assetEducation and Experience:
A degree / advanced diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or related discipline.Equity and Inclusion
The PR Hive is committed to ensuring our team is diverse and is representative of our communities and the clients we serve.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 12, 2021.